SAFETY, TIPS & EDUCATIONS
If your state allows the use of consumer fireworks, remember that even legal fireworks can cause injury if they’re not used properly. Follow these rules to celebrate safely:
- Always have an adult present and never give fireworks to young children, even sparklers.
- Remember that alcohol and fireworks do not mix.
- Purchase legal consumer fireworks from a licensed store, stand or tent.
- Read and follow the directions on the labels.
- Only use fireworks outdoors away from buildings on a flat, level, hard, fireproof surface that is free from debris.
- Have a working garden hose or bucket of water handy.
- Keep spectators at a safe distance.
- Always wear safety glasses when igniting fireworks.
- Light only one firework at a time.
- Never pick-up or re-ignite a firework that doesn’t light the first time.
- Never place any part of your body directly over a fireworks device.
- Never throw fireworks at another person.
- Never carry fireworks in your pocket or shoot them from a metal or glass container.
- Allow finished fireworks to stand for at least 20 minutes and submerge in water for at
least 2 minutes. Drain and place in a plastic bag and dispose outside in a covered trash can.Read More at: